Tuesday 22 December 2009

This Theatre Couple...

Okay. Question. Not linked with anything else I've written before, but here it is. I may not be an avid theatre goer but I have been enough times to notice something very odd. Almost every time I've gone, there's this couple, woman and a man, round about in their 60's, maybe 70's, and they're always dressed to the nines. He's there, in a fine tweed suit, hair usually combed or slicked back and a carnation in his button hole (which you have to admit, has a certain amount of class), and she's in a smart formal dress, matching blazer and, ordinarily, wears a string of pearls. And nearly every time, I've seen a couple who fit this description at the shows I've been to; The King and I, Cats, Blood Brothers - they were there. Even The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Honestly. This couple were two rows ahead of me, still in their smart, classy outfits, among the corsets and the fishnets. I kid you not.

I'm not criticising, far from it, I love seeing these two people when I go to the theatre. I'm just curious, has any one else noticed this couple too? Maybe they're hired by the theatres for shows, like elegant seat fillers... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment