Tuesday 16 December 2008

Would you report your own rape?

Of course the answer should be yes, you want to pursue the justice you deserve... However, choose any random feminist blog (I always recommend The F word) and chances are you'll find statistics that show the rape conviction rate is on a heinously pathetic state, it is usually between 5 - 6%.

Not only that, but there's also the comparable Witch Trial that follows, not for the accused, for the victim.
Improper, uninvolved and almost suggestive questions about you, your sex life, previous relationships, even what you were wearing when the rape took place. All this just for possibility of maybe seeing your rapist convicted, and to me that is an inexcusable 'maybe'.

Taking this into consideration I genuinely ask anyone reading this; Would you report your own rape?

Because I don't believe I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment